Monday, April 19, 2010

yesterday...


I went snorkeling at Shelly Beach! I love just floating, it's so easy in the salt water... so mello and
relaxing watching all the fish up close underneath me and swimming along side them...I even saw a sea turtle shell! It was a skeleton..all white and lifeless, saw tons of little black and yellow striped fish...
looked like fat, smashed bumble bee's with fins! the reef was covered in this sea weed dancing soo gracefully with the tides out and back...the colors were amazing with burnt oranges covered in rusty purples complimented by the off white white coral-y sprial looking shells laying around...the sun above left a blanket reflection moving on the ocean floor that moved to the same beat as the sea weed...i felt like i was on the moon!?! dessert?!..sooo still and peaceful almost like i was floating in the air...the water was so clear i had to remember that i was in the water! i would be moving along and a fish would pop out of the weed and make me jump...there were so many that were SOO well camo'ed in the purples and oranges...i didn't even realize they were hanging out right below me!
i was looking out for the "Dusky" Sharks that I was told live right where i was snorkeling! I did see a MASSIVE school of fish..i swam RIGHT above them looking down was mental! i dove under to get a closer look, they barely budged!! i got so close...they didn't care...they were more massive than i was..why would they be scared of me!?
the fish were about the length of my fore-arm, grey, with some yellow on their tail, and take that times 500...as i swam closer and along them...they started to drift and create like a stream flowing rather than just a massive blob! soo mental!!!!! i wanna do it again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment